Saturday 6 April 2013

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Brendon Green

Comedy Fest Questionnaire: Brendon Green



1) Tell us what your show is called this year?
Everything Is Alright (*Citation Needed)

2)  Why?
Because I thought my last year’s show title, Everything Is Meaningless And Nothing Matters, was maybe a touch too sad. This one’s nicer, right?


3) Can you give us a few hints as to what broadly your festival show is about?
It’s about me following the advice of my fantastic Auntie Margie, who told me to be proud of the things I do. Plus there’s a bunch of songs. Plus puppies.


4) How much time have you spent crafting the show over the past 12 months since the end of the last festival?
The ideas started about 10 months ago, and what I have now is completely different to what I had then. It’s all a matter of gently finessing the pieces into place through constant stress and worry.


5) The comedy festival is turning 21 this year – it’s a big age 21 – what you’re your memories of being 21? Or if you’re not old enough yet, you lucky person, what are your hopes for being 21?
I officially had the lamest 21st party in history. We went to Denny’s for lunch, then played mini-golf. True story. So my memories of being 21 involve me being super cool and popular, obviously.


6) The Comedy festival is one big party and catch up for a month - is there anyone you’re looking forward to seeing over here either socially or on stage?
Gordon Southern is the loveliest man, and I’m happy he’s bringing his smile back here. Also I am going to attempt to woo Josie Long, but will likely be too embarrassed to even look her in the eyes.



7) What’s the comedy scene like at the moment who do you rate and why?
It’s doing pretty good. “Ripe with potential”. And you can tell by the number of newbies coming in to give it a go. I put most of that down to Guy William’s height and beautiful face. He’s magnetic.

8)  What’s the best piece of audience interaction you’ve had?

I had a thing in last year’s show where two audience members had to describe how they would best serve human flesh (like an imaginary Master Chef, which wasn’t nearly as horrible as it sounds), and one girl went into disturbingly deep detail with her answer. Like she had been thinking about this prior to the show, and probably had a typed up recipe in her purse. It was awesome.


9) What’s the most memorable part of performing for you within the last 12 months?
Arriving at friend’s 30th birthday in Wellington, with her entire family there (whom I had never met before), and having to do an impromptu set for them because someone had told her mum I was a stand-up comedian.


10) When we say New Zealand International Comedy Festival to you, what’s the first thing you think of?
Good friends, great laughs, and for some reason the song ‘Ignition (Remix)’ by R Kelly.


11) How would you persuade people to come and see your show?
“I promise I won’t make you talk about cannibalism. All you have to do is sit back, relax, and listen to me sing sweet songs to you. Plus puppies.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Challengers: Movie Review

Challengers: Movie Review Cast: Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, Mike Faist Director: Luca Guadagnino There are plenty of bodies on show in Call ...