Sunday 4 August 2024

NZIFF Q&A - Luke Rynderman, director, The Speedway Murders

NZIFF Q&A - Luke Rynderman, director, The Speedway Murders

NZIFF Q&A - Luke Rynderman, director, The Speedway Murders

My film is……
 The Speedway Murders.

The best thing about being at the NZIFF is…… coming to New Zealand!!

The Moment I'm most proud of in my film is…… reconstructing the restaurant and casting the kids with such brilliant actors.


The thing that makes me the proudest of my team in my film is..... 
how brilliantly they captured the world of the film and how lovingly they all pitched in.

The Moment I wished I'd have kept in the film is….. we had some brilliant scenes where the kids were just being kids and I wish we could have kept those smaller moments in.

The reason I carried on with this film when things got tough was….. we just had to tell this story for the people in it and that were affected by this horrible event.

The moment I think that will resonate most with the audience when they see my film is….. I think our ending is heartfelt and brilliant and I’m so proud we subverted the expectation of how these types of films are supposed to end.

The thing I hope most people will take from watching my film is….. that this is an open investigation and people are still affected by it and hope someone will come forward with new information.

The one film I'm looking forward to seeing at the NZIFF is…. The Substance, the closing night film haha! Also meeting people and other film makers and chatting and making new friends!


This film is playing as part of the 2024 Whanau Marama New Zealand International Film Festival. For more details, visit nziff.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

The Convert: Blu Ray Review

The Convert: Blu Ray Review  Cast: Guy Pearce, Tioreore Ngatai-Melbourne, Antonio Te Maioha, Jacqueline Mckenzie, Lawrence Makoare  Director...