Saturday 15 July 2017

NZIFF Q&A - No Ordinary Sheila

NZIFF Q&A - No Ordinary Sheila

Talking No Ordinary Sheila with director Hugh MacDonald.

My film is......
No Ordinary Sheila
No Ordinary Sheila

The best thing about being at the NZIFF is......
Bill Gosden's NZIFF is not a competitive festival, but filmmakers around the world regard it as a great honour to have their films selected for it. For New Zealanders, it is even more significant, as when a film is invited to be in the NZIFF Programme, the Festival carries the bulk of the expensive and time-consuming marketing and publicity necessary. Without such support, and without the following of thousands of Kiwi cinephiles scanning the programme for interesting films, many new NZ films would simply not be seen.

The Moment I'm most proud of in my film is......
The sea shanty montage

The thing that makes me the proudest of my team in my film is.....
It meets the aspirations we all had for audience involvement in the narrative through humour, pathos, beauty and inspiration.

The reason I carried on with this film when things got tough was.....
Sheila herself, her optimism and her ability to enjoy everything that catches her attention and never to be put off.. In her own words to "keep on keeping on"

The moment I think that will resonate most with the audience when they see my film is.......
Too many points in the story to be specific about just one.

The thing I hope most people will take from watching my film is..... 
That they have been inspired by Sheila to take a new interest in their surroundings and the beauty of all there is in the natural world - and to never give up!

More on No Ordinary Sheila at the NZIFF on their site - click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Priscilla: Blu Ray Review

Priscilla: Blu Ray Review Cast: Cailee Spaeny, Jacob Elordi Director: Sofia Coppola Adapted from Priscilla Presley's own memoir Elvis an...