Thursday 25 July 2019

NZIFF Q&A - director Lorcan Finnegan, Vivarium

NZIFF Q&A - director Lorcan Finnegan, Vivarium


My film is.... VIVARIUM, a strange twisted sci-fi nightmare about a consumerist life

The moment I'm most proud of is.... Probably getting into Cannes. It made all the problems go away

The reason I carried on with this film when it got tough is..... Because there is never any other choice unfortunately. You convince all these talented people to help make your film, so you owe it to them to make a good film. And to yourself from the past who thought it was a good idea and yourself from the future who thinks you did an alright job.

The one moment that will resonate with an audience is....... When something happens in the 3rd act that I can't tell you about.

NZIFF Q&A - director Lorcan Finnegan, Vivarium


The hardest thing I had to cut from this film is........ A sequence I spent 5 days shooting. It was very complicated and required lots of vfx to complete but ultimately didn't make the film better so I beheaded it.

The thing I want people to take from this film is ...... To watch out for creepy estate agents called Martin. 

The reason I love the NZIFF is....... Because it has all the best films and is in New Zealand!

What I want to see at this year's NZIFF is...... Long Day’s Journey into Night, Monos, Song Without a Name, In Fabric and another Poots / Eisenberg film by my friend Riley Sterns, The Art of Self Defence

The one thing I'd say to aspiring filmmakers is..... Keep the blinkers on and stay delusional enough to get your film made

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Challengers: Movie Review

Challengers: Movie Review Cast: Zendaya, Josh O'Connor, Mike Faist Director: Luca Guadagnino There are plenty of bodies on show in Call ...