Friday 26 July 2019

NZIFF 2019 Q&A - Damon Gameau, director of 2040

NZIFF 2019 Q&A - Damon Gameau, director of 2040


My film is...
2040

The moment I'm most proud of is….
Condensing a 3 hour 35 minute rough cut of the film into 90 minutes.

The reason I carried on with this film when it got tough is…..
There is nothing more important than the health of our planet. And a better future for our children.

The one moment that will resonate with an audience is…….
The magical powers of seaweed

The hardest thing I had to cut from this film is…….. 
A larger part of the economy section and the ‘rules of the game’ that are blocking us from getting to a better 2040.

The thing I want people to take from this film is ……
Hope

The reason I love the NZIFF is…….
New Zealand is a much better country than Australia

What I want to see at this year's NZIFF is……
In My Blood It Runs’ by Maya Newell

The one thing I'd say to aspiring filmmakers is…..
Make sure the subject you choose for your film is a subject you really love. You will be tested making a film so a foundation of love is crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Very latest post

Boy Kills World: Movie Review

Boy Kills World: Movie Review Cast: Bill Skarsgard, Jessica Rothe, Sharlto Copley, H Jon Benjamin, Famke Janssen, Michelle Dockery, Brett Ge...